Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Super Mario Warfare




First Strip    Previous Strip    Next Strip    Latest Strip


When I was about 5 or 6, my grand parents got a SNES. I remember being so irritated at my father and grandfather because I had to go to bed at 7:30 while they got to stay up and play Super Mario World. Over the course of the years, I've found that I love that game more and more.

I love the side scrolling aspect of it. I love the timing of it all. I love starting a castle small and defeating the boss. I've never been able to complete the whole thing. I've tried to beat the star road many times, but I just don't have the patience for it. Luckily for me, Nintendo finally went back to its roots and made a side scroller for their Wii.

When the N64 came out with Mario 64, I lost interest. A 3d Mario just didn't seem right and I have never played it. Unfortunately, they continued to make those types culminating with the most recent Mario, aptly named Mario Galaxy. It was a brilliant game by all reviews but not one I would play.

And then, the game I've been waiting 17 years to come out has. Finally, a new Super Mario Bros. has come out and it's MULTIPLAYER! AJ and I, much to the chagrin of my fiancee, will be playing this game because it's nostalgic. Because Nintendo (as much as they'd like to deny it) make some of the best side scrollers ever. It's time to party like it's 1992. Bring on the goombas!

~Dooj

3 comments: