Friday, November 20, 2009

It's not cheating... It's...




First Strip    Previous Strip    Next Strip    Latest Strip


Holy crap! What an awesome game. Like I said earlier this week, I've waited 17 years to play a new Mario sidescrolling game. I never expected to have this much fun with it. If you've never played Fusion Frenzy, I recommend it. That game is a bunch of minigames that 4 players can play. It's great fun.

This new Super Mario Bros. has a similar sort of feel. Players are able to either help or hurt their teammates. You can play as Mario, Luigi, Yellow Toad, or Blue Toad. If you play with people who have played Mario before, the game is much more fun. You are able to kill your teammates, grief them by taking all the powerups.

I can't tell if the game is balanced around having 4 players or not. There are times I think the game would be easier with only 1 person. However, with 4 players you don't need to restart the level every time one person dies. You do however get a "cheating" button. You press this button and a bubble envelopes your character. You can float through the level as much as you'd like until you're either popped by a teammate or everyone is bubbled or dead.

AJ and I will be playing it again sometime soon. Just not sure when. Awesome game and highly recommended if you own a Wii.

~Dooj

No comments:

Post a Comment