Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The end of the game





First Strip    Previous Strip    Next Strip    Latest Strip


The first round finally ended. It took it's toll on everyone, including me. Unfortunately, the sheer carnage in the first few days caused the zombies to have to hunt more. This made the last few days very "dull" by the beginning of the week's standards. I'm sure it was exciting for the winner though.

I just got out of a history lesson earlier this morning. We talked about how Christian relics were viewed in the "Dark Ages". According to historians such as Bede and William of Malmsbury, relics were present when miracles happened. Christians who came sick and touched relics would go away healed. Unfortunately, our modern day gnostic approach to everything has deadened us to believe that something as supernatural as this can be true. Without our empiricism, we cannot determine that things are true. I had classmates who would ask questions while doing that nifty quotation mark with their fingers displaying an utter disregard to what Bede narrated for us.

I consider myself a skeptical cynic. I don't believe every story that I read on the internet, but I find it preposterous that modern day college age children are more inclined to believe that a myth is busted by a TV show, than they believe a historian from the first millennium. To quote Mugatu, "I feel like I'm taking CRAZY PILLS!"

~Dooj

7 comments:

  1. If anyone is loking at the site withthe same sentiment as our comic today, I tried to put up some new stuff on the site and ran into some problems... obviously. I apologize for the mess. Hopefully we can get it fixed soon. (Failing at blogger is like failing at breathing, only possible for the truly incompetent!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's the header doing down here??

    ReplyDelete
  3. /makesfingermotion "crazy pills"

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'm sure it was exciting for the winner though."

    To be honest, the last two days were really boring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the poster for "Dis Movie!" on the wall. :D Bril.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what they say about Dis Movie!...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete