Tuesday, February 23, 2010

We're on our way to Canada




First Strip    Previous Strip


I got that feeling again. It's the feeling that every gamer gets. It's like a hunger, eating inside of you. Almost like there's something missing from your brain. I'm sure that if I was a smoker, the feeling would be similar to the need for nicotine, without the side-effects.

Previously, I had associated this feeling with the "need" to play World of Warcraft again. Up until recently, I would pay $15, play WoW for a month, and the itch would be scratched for the next 6 months. But since it kept coming back, could it be that I have been my energy has been misdirected? WoW is a great game. One that I couldn't get enough of. It's taken me years to figure out why it was so amazing, and I think I'm slowly untying that knot.

The reason World of Warcraft is so appealing to gamers is not because of the combat, the social aspect, nor even the story. It's because of the artwork. Blizzard did something amazing by simplifying the graphics so much that any machine could run them, and, at the same time, they made everything so very grand. The first time you walk into Stormwind, it's epic. Ever since I officially quit in 2007, I've been searching for that type of game again. Unfortunately, no game has come close since, though I have high hopes for TOR.

Just as unfortunate, my yearning has reawakened by looking at these castles.

~Dooj

6 comments:

  1. Speaking of Canada and Tobacco... you should smoke some Cubans while you're up there and listen to the sound of your joints disconnecting. Unless of course this trip is only happening in comic land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sheffield - Bioware's HQ is located in Alberta.

    @Jon H - while I would love to go to Canada and smoke some Cubans, it is just the comic story-arc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, there is so many awesome games coming out right now. You need to play bioshock 2 next, i think. That is an awesome game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @fuzzy

    I'm sure there are a ton of awesome games, but that hunger was only sated at the beginning of Mass Effect 2. Granted, it's a wonderful game and I'm looking forward to the ending.

    I don't know if I'm gonna play Bioshock 2. I loved the first one up until that stupid gather quest. It left a horrible taste in my mouth and makes me wonder what a sequel will be.

    Personally, I want to play FFXIII next, but I doubt Jamie will be pleased with me hogging the TV for 70+ hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell her Sephiroth wants you to play.

    ReplyDelete